The King’s Row Uprising event has lit up the servers and boy howdy is it a good time.
Also included is a developer update where Jeff Kaplan goes into detail about what led to the creation of the event and the rewards included.
Here’s the short version:
- This is a 4-player PVE map where Reinhardt, Tracer, Mercy, and Torbjorn have to capture three points in sequence, defend the payload, escort the payload to a specific location, and then defeat a set of elite enemies.
- The enemies are a variety of new omnic mobs with varying abilities, including enemy Bastions and a set of OR-14s, which are the predecessors to the Numbani OR-15s and Orisa.
- This uses the entirety of the King’s Row map.
- An alternate mode in the Arcade allows players to use any heroes instead of the prescribed four.
- New loot boxes include a wide spread of new skins, new emotes, new highlight intros, and sprays and icons.
- The event runs from now until May 1st, and you get a free loot box for logging in.
Long version and analysis is forthcoming. For now, get in the game and wreck some bot faces!